We have a variety of other services available to Members and Non-Members including:
DROP IN LUNCHES
We source locally produced fresh ingredients where possible and cater for a range of special dietary requirements including diabetic meals, gluten free and pureed foods.
Please call us on 01580 762882 by 10:30am on the day to order your meal.
SOCIAL HUB INFORMATION
Our information and advice service is a free, local and confidential facility for those times when you need support with some of the difficulties you might face as you get older and don’t know who to ask for help.
We can help by providing support with form filling, applying for benefits, general advice and information on a range of topics including housing and long term care.
the information we offer is impartial, easy to understand and freely offered to people over the age of 50. Our advice and information is offered in good faith and is not designed to replace professional or legal advice.
This service is available Monday – Friday – please call 01580 762882 in the first instance for further details or an appointment.
We cover all areas of Tenterden, you can either come and see us or we can arrange to come to see you.
COGS Clubs are for people living with memory problems or mild to moderate Dementia. Our clients have found that these sessions are very useful in helping them cope with everyday life.
The club welcomes those who have been newly diagnosed and those who have lived with their diagnosis for some time. The club runs sessions using Cognitive Stimulation Therapy which is designed to help you maintain and develop an active mind and support those with memory loss.
Our Club runs every Thursday in the Community Room at the hub from 10:00am to 3:00pm and includes a light lunch. The cost per session is £18.00. Please call Tina on 01580 761060 for further information and to book a taster session.
We also have a range of external services that include:
- Hairdressing – Our hairdresser Janet, provides a range of services including Cut & Blow Dry, Shampoo & Set, Colouring and Perming. Prices from £9.00 (members) and £11.00 (non-members).
- Chiropody – We have two visiting Chiropodists, Janet and Darren. Janet is here most Mondays and Darren works two Tuesdays per month. Appointments are available and prices from £12.00 (members) and from £15:00 (non-members).
- Osteopath – Maria, our visiting Osteopath, provides Osteopathic Services on Monday afternoons and Wednesday mornings by prior appointment. Sessions are £15.00 for members and £25.00 for non-members.
- Hi Kent Hearing Aid Clinic – Hi Kent visit The Hub every Wednesday morning between 10:00am and 11:00am to provide battery replacements and other services for hearing aid users. No appointment needed, just drop in.
- Laundry Service – We offer a wash and dry laundry service for £4.50 per load
MEETING ROOM HIRE
Our Community Room is a versatile space with tilt and turn tables, stacking chairs and a sliding partition which can create two smaller rooms. Newly refurbished, and with breathtaking views across Tenterden from its elevated position, the room and the adjacent Sun Room have their own entrance which is accessible via St. Mildred’s Close.
The rooms are available to hire during the day, evenings or weekends for Business Use and Community Groups. There is a kitchenette area for teas & coffees and catering for your meeting can be arranged through our on site Chef.
In addition, our main lounge (including commercial kitchen if required) and Disability Hub are also available to hire evenings and weekends.
All rooms carry special rates for Charities and Community Groups. Please contact us for more details.